Become one with the big cat king with this wild craft!Materials:
Stapler, Newspaper, Wallpaper paste, Scraps of construction paper, Cardboard cereal box, Scissors, Egg carton, Paint, Paintbrush, Glue, Felt piecesInstructions:
- Cut the cardboard into long strips about 2 in wide. Make a hoop that is big enough to go over your head and rest on your shoulders. Fasten the cardboard strip into a hoop with a stapler.
- Use the hoop as the base for a cardboard cage. Fasten a number of strips that fit over your head from one side of the base to the other. Remember it should look like a cage going around your head.
- Cover the cage with layered strips of torn newspaper that have been dipped into wallpaper paste. When the cage is covered with this paper mache, let it dry. Repeat this step by placing another layer on top.
- Put the cage over your head, once dry, and feel where you should make the holes for the eyes and nose. Take the mask off and cut out the eyes and nose. Make the lion's features with crumpled paper and egg cartons for the prominent cheeks. Glue these onto the mask.
Cover the mask with another layer of paper mache and let it dry.
- Paint the mask. You can use colored felt to make a mane.
Credits: Content Copyright © Preschool Sunday School Central
You might also be interested in: