Black or Brown construction paper, Yellow construction paper, Red construction paper, Squiggle Eyes, Feathers, Orange pipe cleaners, GlueInstructions:
- From the black or brown construction paper, cut two large circles for the body of the turkey (just fold it in half and use a small plate as the pattern). With scraps, cut oblong head that with straight edge along the bottom.
- For beak, cut diamond shape from yellow construction paper.
- For red neck flap, cut narrow squiggly shape from red construction paper.
- For legs, cut
- 0 inch pieces of pipe cleaner. Wrap one piece of pipe cleaner around bottom of another to create "feet".
- Trim as needed.
- Glue eyes in place on headpiece.
- Glue red neck flap at an angle in mid section of head (remember beak will be placed on top). Fold diamond shaped yellow beak in half.
- Glue lower half of beak on top of red giblet. This allows the top of the beak to be free moving. Set aside head of turkey to dry.
- On one black circle, spread glue over top half of circle. Place feathers in a fanning shape. Put longest feathers at the top so they are seen over the head. Be sure feathers are glued securely.
- Glue two pipe cleaner feet at bottom.
- Glue remaining black circle on top of feathers and feet.
- Glue Head at the top of last black circle (there needs to be some over lap).
- Let dry. You could also place magnet on back or do this with felt instead of construction paper.
You might also be interested in: