All eyes will be on your on your kooky animal.
Crafts for all ages and occasions
Fathers Day Crafts
Fourth of July Crafts
Mothers Day Crafts
Rainy Day Crafts
St Patricks Day Crafts
Valentines Day Crafts
On a sheet of paper, lay down a coat of Magic Craft Paint with a paintbrush. Apply a desired amount of Magic Craft Paint in a contrasting color to base coat. Create amazing marbleized patterns by dragging,swirling or dotting toothpicks through the wet paint. Because different colors of Magic Craft Paint won’t bleed together, patterns will hold their shape to create a dimensional effect.
- Put sugars, molasses and water in a large pan. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Boil until a thermometer registers 265′F. Cook the syrup slowly toward the end when it is nearly done, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Remove from the stove and add butter, soda, salt and flavoring. Stir ONLY enough to mix.
- Pour candy out onto greased platters or shallow pans to cool. When the candy begins to stiffen at the edges, form the mass into a ball with a spatula. Take up into hands (buttered) and pull between the thumbs and fingertips- this is a “short stretch action”. Continue until the candy is light colored and porous.
Then stretch into a long rope not larger than one inch in diameter. Twist before cutting into pieces with scissors. Pieces should be fairly small. If the candy is not to be eaten right away, wrap in waxed paper.
- Cook the cake mix in a glass mixing bowl by following package directions.
- Since Barbie’s legs are so long, you may need to add extra icing to the top of the cake. You might actually want to make a stand for the cake with a hole in the center for Barbie’s legs to extend through.
- Cut a hole in the center of the cake and insert Barbie.
- Decorate the cake so it looks like a fancy dress.
- Make some sugar glue by putting 1/2 c of powdered sugar into a cup. Stir in some water, a little at a time, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Put some sugar glue on a cookie. Arrange eight candy corns around the cookie. Place another cookie on top, like a sandwich. Slice off the top of a gumdrop and glue it to the center of the top cookie.
- Put the flower cookies in the refrigerator until ready to eat!
- Combine peanut butter and dry milk until blended.
- Stir in, one at a time, honey, cocoa, vanilla, nuts, raisins, and coconut.
- Place mixture on wax paper and roll into a thick snake shape.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill.
- To serve, either have children pull off pieces, or cut into slices.
Place ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup, and peanut butter in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Divide between 4 chilled glasses.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Place whole bar of dough scored side down onto prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately sprinkle morsels over hot crust; drop peanut butter by spoonfuls onto morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny.
Gently spread chocolate and peanut butter evenly over cookie crust.
- Sprinkle candy in single layer over pizza. Cut into wedges; serve warm or at room temperature.
Variation: Substitute 1 pkg. (18 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Press cookie dough onto greased large baking sheet or pizza pan to measure an 8-inch circle. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until lightly golden.
Combine juice, ginger ale, and maraschino cherry juice in large punch bowl; stir to combine. Cut cherries in half; add to punch.
Tip: This punch gets its name from the cherries that are cut in half to look like beetles! After an adult cuts the cherries in half, the kids can make this easy recipe all by themselves.
- Put 2 or 3 cups of sugar in a medium bowl and add a tsp. of water. Keep adding small amounts of water until sugar becomes damp and sticky. ” Do not let sugar get runny or very wet”.
- Add 5 drops of red food coloring. Mix well. Take a plastic heart shape mold “get one that stores sell with candy in it, they work great.” Place damp sugar in the mold and pack it to the top. Gently take a spoon and scrape out center for your candy. Leave enough sugar for edges of the heart. Slowly turn over onto wax paper. Let dry over night.
- Turn the sugar heart over the next morning and let dry for 2 or 3 more hours. Decorate edges with icing and place desired candy in middle. These hearts will get very hard and will not break easily.