- Cut the center out of each paper plate. Cut out paper leaves from the construction paper.
- Give each child a paper plate. Have the children glue leaves around the plate. After the wreaths are finished punch a hole at the top and lace a piece of yarn through the hole to form a hanger.
Inflate balloons to the size of an apple. Cut red tissue paper into strips (about 1″ by 4″). Cover the balloon with a light coat of Vaseline. Dip strips of tissue paper into diluted glue, don’t let them soak. Stick them on balloons. These take about 24 hours to dry. When they are dry, you can pop the balloon with a pin and remove the balloon.
Put down lots of newspaper! Paint one side of each leaf (not too thick). Carefully arrange leaves in one layer, paint side up, on clean newspaper. Place a piece of black construction paper over the top of the leaves and press gently! A little messy, but very fun.
Glue one leaf onto the center of the paper. Use the leaf as the body; draw head arms, legs, etc. Or make it into any design you want!
Cut construction paper leaves out of red, yellow, green and brown paper. Put leaves in a single layer on aluminum foil. Put glue in Dixie cups. Use paintbrushes to make glue lines on the leaves. Sprinkle with the glitter. When completely dry punch a hole in the “Stem” and hang with fishing line from your ceiling!
Cut a “corn cob” and “husks” out of paper. Glue the “husks” around the “cob”. Spread the glue on the “cob” and cover it with un-popped popcorn.
- Cut a 5-in. piece from the toe end of a sock.
- Stuff the toe with fiberfill to make a round shape of an apple. Close the opening with a rubber band.
- Paint the round part of the apple red. Paint the part of the sock above the rubber band green for the stem.
- Cut a leaf from the green felt. Punch a hole in one end of the leaf. Cut an 8-in. piece of green yarn and thread the leaf into the yarn and tie it to the base of the stem of the apple. Wrap the yarn around the rubber band to conceal it. Tie the ends together to hold the leaf and yarn in place.
- Make several different kinds of fruits and vegetables in the same manner using your imagination.
You can create a fruit and vegetable bowl!
Take children outside with a piece of masking tape around their wrist like a bracelet. As they take their hike they can pick up various things that have to do with fall and stick them to their wristbands!
First go for a walk and collect leaves (the more colorful the better). To make a tree outline, trace the child’s hand (with fingers spread) and arm (up to the elbow) on a large piece of paper. Color the inside of the outline, that is the tree. Now, glue leaves onto the branches and around the base of the tree. You can also cut out “apples” and glue them on the tree!
Wash and dry pumpkin seeds and place them in the art area with glue and paper. The children can make pumpkin seed collages.